Thursday, August 6, 2009

Messy girl!

Our world as we know it revolves around Shelby, of course that's how it should be. She has become quite independent these days. These are some pics of her aftering feeding herself her favorite--spaghetti!! She enjoyed the activity as much as the meal! And had a good time in the bath afterward too!


Today we took Shelbs to meet the physical therapist. The first words out of the therapist's mouth were "oh, she's a scooter." She said that Shelby is very strong willed and that she is focused. Her mind is set that she is moving the way she wants to and that's all that matters. Where she got that bullheadedness, I'll never know! She also said that she is probably a little afraid of moving in different ways. So we learned some new excerises/movements to get Shelby in the direction of pulling herself up. We also learned some simple stretching exercises for her heels that should be more entertaining and distracting than just us stretching her heels. When we got home today, Shelby and I worked a little bit on getting herself up from a lying, just after diaper changes, and it seems to be going well. She is more receptive when it's just us and not a stranger. I am excited and ready to do what it takes to help her out!!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

That's fantastic news! Being strong-willed means that she will be a fighter, too. I'm sure she will use it to overcome this obstacle in no time!

Ryan and Kim said...

YAY! Can't wait to hear more great updates.

Jen Green said...

"Where she got that bullheadedness, I'll never know!"
Seriously Trace you don't know?:-)