Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Shelby's Birthday Party

So, a lot has gone on since I last blogged. Shelby's first Christmas came and went. We had a good time, but she wasn't exactly sure what was going on. Next, she got her first tooth on Dec. 29 (only one so far-the others are working their way out). She has had 2 ear infections (or 1 persistent one). And SHELBY TURNED 1!!!. Since her birthday fell on a Tues. this year, we had her party last Sat. the 7th. Here are some fun pics!! She got lots of gifts and seemed to know what to do with the presents (at least a little more so than at Christmas). I made her a cupcake cake in the shape of a butterfly. I even frosted it myself!! She seemed to enjoy herself, but wasn't always sure what the fuss was about. Then came her turn to eat her cake. That she enjoyed very much!! She even ate some ice cream. I gave her a couple of bites with the spoon, then she took over with her hands. It wasn't too big of a mess though.

4 comments:

SJT said...

Your butterfly cake turned out great! Looks like she LOVED the cake too!

Ryan and Kim said...

The cake is soo cute! What a green face!

Bryan / Pamela said...

Yeah for 1st. You did a really good job on her b-day cake! Looks like she had a blast.

Jen said...

I have to agree... The cake is adorable! And she looked like she enjoyed her special day!!